Wednesday 16 March 2011

What's most important? Running the race or winning the race?

Hiya,

Watch this moving video of Kelly Holmes winning her two Gold Medals then read the post underneath, I have an interesting question for you.



So, how do you think Kelly Holmes would answer the question in the title? If someone had said to her before each race 'Hey Kelly, you can have the Gold Medal, we know you're the best, there's no need to run' do you think she would have replied: 'Oh, great, thanks - I'll go get changed into my tracksuit then."

I don't think so.

The race is the challenge and the medal is the prize - the medal without the race means nothing. And I don't think it's about competing. I don't think it's about beating other people. I think it's about proving something to yourself.

So my question to you is: 'What prize are you after, and at what stage of the race are you in?'

If you haven't started yet that's ok - preparation is an important part of the process! If you don't do the prep you won't get past the first hurdle. Having said that, there's only so much prep you can do. You can't win the prize until you enter the race. Some of you I guess are already well in to the second or third laps, maybe you can even see the finishing line. Well done you! If you're struggling though and feel that you're not going to make it, dig deep, think of that podium, think of the roaring crowd, see yourself winning. This is your race and you can get that medal - but you have to keep going.

I hope you do.

for now

Be Inspired

Stu

If you like this you'll probably like my other blog:
http://thechangeyourlifeblog.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment