Thursday 16 September 2010

Have you heard your Soul's voice?

Hiya,

Got an email from a lady called Karen Black today, and it asked a really simple but profoundly important question:
"At what age does your soul come calling?"

She quotes the philosopher James Hillman as saying:
“Sooner or later something seems to call us onto a particular path… this is what I must do, this is what I’ve got to have. This is who I am.”

To read the whole thing go to her blog here: http://karenmblack.wordpress.com/

This is such a thought provoking question that I had to blog about it myself. What is my soul calling, what do I reeeeaaally want to be? When did I first hear this calling? If I'm honest, it was probably when I was kid. I loved to make up stories of wonder and mystery back then and it's what excites me still.

I need to put more time into that, we all get soooooo bogged down in the day to day stuff (which is important if we want a roof above our heads) but some of us, probably most of us, need to get better balance in our lives.

Go and read her blog, it's going to get you thinking.

for now

Be Inspired

Stu

If you like this you'll probably like my other blog:
http://thechangeyourlifeblog.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment