Thursday 7 July 2011

Take the opportunity today to consider your death bed speech.

Hiya,

Sounds a bit morbid doesn’t it? It’s not supposed to be. Imagine for
a moment that you are on your death bed, not some day way off in
the future, but next week!

Your family and friends are gathered around the bed and you decide
to review your life. You thank them all for being loving friends and
family. You thank them for all the wonderful experiences they have
shared with you. You then consider if you have any regrets about
things you never got around to doing - 99% of us have them.
If you knew you were going to die within a few hours or days and
that those things would be left undone, unachieved - how would you
feel?

For me, I’d be pretty frustrated that I’d run out of time. I’d probably
lie there and ponder those missed opportunities and wonder why I
didn’t just get on and do them. Life is so short, I’d think, why didn’t
I just do them?

So that’s the point of today’s ponder - not to get morbid, but rather
to get motivated. Remember those things you keep saying you’d
love to do - then start planning them. Today!

Life IS too short.

for now

Be Inspired

Stu

If you like this you'll probably like my other blog: http://thechangeyourlifeblog.wordpress.com

1 comment:

  1. i remember saying this exact thing to someone - was it you?? lol!! very inspiring.

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete